GAZPACHO (OR COLD TOMATO SOUP, GARLIC AND CRISPY BASIL) WITH OATS – WHITE BEANS – RED ADZUKI BEANS – PEAS – PEELED CHICKPEAS, AND TROPEA ONION RINGS
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4 PEOPLE)
- 500 g of ZuppamiXlegumi e Avena
- 600 g of ripe Piccadilly tomatoes
- 12 basil leaves
- 80 g of peeled and sliced cucumber
- 80 g of red pepper
- 100 g of Tropea spring onion
- 80 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml of vinegar
- very cold water as required
- salt, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper to serve
- Peel and cut the cucumber into slices and cut the Tropea onion into slices, then immerse the latter in cold water for at least an hour.
- Peel the Piccadilly tomatoes, cutting their skin with the tip of a knife and dipping them into boiling water for a few seconds; then cut them into quarters and remove the seeds.